Thursday, July 15, 2010

Product Review - Kentwool Socks

If there's technology in socks then clearly there's going to be technology in everything related to golf. Kentwool was founded with the intent to "create the world’s best golf sock. The innovative result is a one-of-a-kind performance product that delivers an unexpected edge for serious golfers." Kentwool socks are worn by Bubba Watson and Jonathan Byrd on the PGA Tour and Jenny Gleason and Kristy McPherson on the LPGA Tour, among other professional golfers. THE TECHNOLOGY Kentwool's socks are made of high grade "superfine" wool, which they spin themselves and combine with both natural and synthetic materials to get the properties they seek. The Socks I tested were very low, which I like, and they also make a regular crew height model as well. They have extra padding in the heel and toes for increased comfort. THE VERDICT: BIRDIE I did two tests with my socks, and I ran them through the wash a handful of times inbetween (in order to avoid the naturally good feeling of any new sock compared to what's in my golf drawer). When I opened my package my first thought was that there was no way these socks (their XL size) would fit my size 14 loaves, but I was wrong. The fabric is very flexible, and the socks fit snugly on my feet. The first time I wore them I played 18 in near-100 degree temperatures. In my second test I wore them for several hours at the range, again in very warm temperatures. Although the Kentwool socks feel thick on your foot they're very cool to wear, every bit so as any other sock I've worn. The padding make the sock feel very comfortable, and it helps to secure the shoe on your foot as well. It feels like your foot is molded into the shoe. After several washes my socks looked a little fuzzy, but their soft feel and flexibility were retained.

No comments:

Post a Comment